Friday 8 July 2022

Burn, Baby, Burn

I'm not a very good cook.  

I can cook but my problem is the part between combining all the ingredients and the end result.

Imagine the scenario. A simmering pot on the cooktop. Everything has been chopped, diced, spiced and thrown in with requisite seasoning, water, oil et al.

Here, you stir and wait. But waiting can be dangerous. While waiting, I glance out the kitchen window:

That jasmine climber, needs to be cut back, geez another thing I have remember to do. I should write it down so I remember. Where's my phone? Why is there cat food left? Is something wrong with the cat?  Where's my phone? I wonder if I should, oh wait, are those birds mating on the roof? Are they crows or ravens, I should take a photo. Where's my phone? Alexa! Alexa! Play, er, just play something. Alexa - off! How many days left before school holidays? Finish your draft, you've got to finish your draft before the holidays! That's what it will say on my tombstone - she died, still drafting. I'm tired. What's that phrase, where you've got nothing, ah - No Skin in the Game. That's it. Hmm. That would be good title for story. I need to write it down. Where's my phone?

And then the smell of burning brings me back to what I was doing.



Bon Appetit!


No comments: